MINDFULNESS AS A MEANS TO AN END: CREATING PSYCHOLOGICAL SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE
This intent of this Accelerator Group is to support young leaders and teams to create workplaces and spaces to be psychologically safe to express, learn, and grow within the culture — ensuring that each person’s health and wellness needs are being supported and actively addressed.
The problem this group will actively dive into solving is exploring what creates safety and security into our workplaces; the qualities and characteristics. How this can be supported by equipping individuals and teams with mindfulness practices, and setting up their work spaces so that there are opportunities to reconnect and reflect with self, and disconnect and unplug from technology and workplace demands and expectations.
Mindfulness in the Workplace will enlighten and inspire individuals and teams to action relative to taking the lead to advocate for and share the skill and mindset needed to foster healthy and conscious workplaces. Workplaces that honour the espoused work/life balance formula — which in the 21st Century has been skewed and impacted by our inability to set clear and healthy boundaries around technology, time, and energy demands.
How do work place cultures, integrated mindfulness practices, and cognitive behavior therapeutic skills combine to create healthy, resilient workplaces that uplift, engage, and support overall health and well-being?
There is a cost to illness, sick days and burn out. The costs are rising each and every day across companies all over the globe.
Be on the leading edge of this movement. Be in early adapter. Be first to market with a sound way of health that is sound in the way it is supported by brain-based approaches to optimal health and well-being.
You will LEARN:
- Increased social/emotional intelligence and resiliency
- Mindfulness strategies to cope with stress and work related demands
- Leading from a place of authenticity and calm
- Specific mindfulness techniques and practices.
You will ACHIEVE:
- Increased ability to focus, attend, and be more productive on the job
- Enhanced self-awareness and understanding of internal triggers and mental/emotional states of being
- Greater sense of poise and being grounded in the present
- Capacity to be response-able and to choose how to respond under pressure with greater ease and confidence.
Instructor: Bonnie Kowaliuk
TIME: 3:00pm – 4:00pm (Mountain)
START DATE: September 10th, 2020
Weekly for 8 sessions
$258.00 Total ($32.00/session)
TRY IT OUT
$68.00 Total for Sessions 1 & 2
(Remaining 6 Sessions $203 Total)