STANDOUT TOOLS: CREATING A RESUME, COVER LETTER & LINKEDIN PROFILE TO GET HIRED
MEETS FOR 2 DAYS A WEEK FOR 2 WEEKS
Global Pandemic got you thinking about a new career whether by choice or not? Do you want your resume and cover letter to stand out from the crowd? Together we will go through all the tips and tricks to create a resume and cover letter that motivate employers to pick up the phone and call you. And that’s the goal – create a document that leads to a phone call not a rejection email or worse – no response at all. Over these 4 sessions I share my 15 years of experience in recruitment and what leads me to want to talk to candidates and meet them in person. Hint: it’s all about being authentic and putting your best foot forward. We’ll also talk about LinkedIn and why it’s important to have a strong profile. At the end of these sessions you’ll know how to create an effective cover resume, easy-to-read resume and professional LinkedIn profile that will help you land your next career.
You will LEARN & ACHIEVE:
Section 1: Resumes
- Common resume mistakes
- We’ll talk about all the most common resume mistakes & what to use instead
- Effective layouts
- Your resume should be an easy to read snapshot of your experience & we’ll talk about the best way to lay that information out
- What information are employers really looking for
- Your resume shouldn’t be a laundry list of everything you’ve ever done. Instead it should be a carefully curated overview of your most notable skills &. experience. Hint: We all know how to use Word, you don’t need to state this on your resume.
Section 2: Cover Letters
- The art of storytelling on your cover letter
- The goal of a cover letter is to give the reader an opportunity to get to know you before meeting you. It should have some personality.
- Know your audience – highlight your experience
- Put yourself in the shoes of the reader. What do you think they want to know about you? We’ll talk about how to do this.
- Cover letter design
- A well laid out cover letter should look like a letter and read like one too.
Session 3: LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is an extension of your resume and cover letter. The information is similar but not exactly the same
- Make sure your profile comes up in searches
- Making sense of all the messages you receive & which ones to respond to.
Session 4: Recap, Bringing it all together, bonus tips
- What changes to make each time you send a cover letter and resume
- LinkedIn job searches
- What you need to know about applying for jobs on LinkedIn
- Bonus tips and Q&A
- Free review of your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn
- Q&A support
Instructor: Treena Elliott
Monday & Wednesday
2 Sessions A Week for 2 Weeks
TIME: 1:00pm – 2:00pm (Mountain Time)
START DATE: June 8th, 2020
$151.00 Total ($37.75/session)